Friday, August 12, 2011

Taking the Plunge

Being single for three years, the wrong side of 40 and with an attitude of positivity, I decided to enter the world of online dating.

Weary of being hit on by every married man within a 5 mile radius and looked on with suspicion by their wives, I decided it was time to find my true love.

First stop, find a suitable dating site.

After much searching I found the ideal site. Ok, so far so good. Describe myself in glowing terms -gsoh,  enjoy socializing, easy going. Define what I want from the whole experience - long term relationship. Add other details such as hobbies and interests, age, ideal first date etc etc. Upload picture. Aah, first problem. Current photos make me look 45. Not good. I know I AM 45 but the whole world doesn't need to see this!

Dilemma! Should I use those gorgeous pics taken 5 years ago or grit my teeth and go for the old hag look?

After much soul searching (and a couple of glasses of wine) the old hag look won. Honesty is always the best policy - well, it'll save me the embarrassment of the looks of horror on my dates faces when they see the real me.

Hit submit.

Ok, profile live. Nothing to do but wait........









1 comment: