Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 2

Another message! A marriage proposal! I'm on a roll!

So, some guy in South Africa wants to marry me so that he can come and live here. Very romantic! Not! This guy must be desperate. He hasn't even bothered to start a conversation with me. Just launched straight in. He must think I'M desperate!

Good God man, I signed up to make friends with the possibility of future romance not because I couldn't bear to be alone!

This dating thing is more difficult than I imagined. Where's the romance, the thrill, the tentative hope?

Another message. Someone has viewed my profile! Am I supposed to send him a message or what? Better not, he hasn't bothered to message me so he probably doesn't like what he sees.

Time to do a search and see who is out there. Maybe my one true love is waiting for me and I haven't even looked for him! Search criteria? Male, aged between 43 and 50, over 5'6" tall, not married. Hit submit. 942 possibilities!

Forgot to add in area details in the search. So, same criteria plus lives within 50 miles of me. Hit submit. 11 possibilities. Ok, well, let's give it a go.

First guy looks like he's in his early nineties. 1 down 10 to go. Next. This is more promising. Not bad looking, similar interests. Ah, not looking for a relationship. 9 to go. Next three guys have nothing in common with me and sound a bit freaky! Ok, 6 to go. This one seems alright. I'll keep him in mind. Next one wants kids, that's me out then. Pity, he was kind of cute. Next 2 are definitely maybes and the last one is a big no no (seems to want woman to provide for his every need and in return he will take her with him to the pub!).

Right! 3 possibilities. What happens now? If I message them, will I seem desperate? If I message them and they do not reply will I be able to handle it? If I message them and they do reply, what do I do then?

Aaaaaahhhh! Too many questions!!!! Perhaps I should just do what I'm best at!

Wait ..................

No comments:

Post a Comment