Monday, August 29, 2011

Potential?

Got chatting to a guy last night. He emailed me first then asked to go on chat. I accepted because he seemed nice.

We had a good laugh and we seem to have stuff in common. I'm looking forward to chatting with him again tonight if he's around. He says he'll be on the site but knowing my luck and with the way things have been going.....

Got 2 new emails. One had a subject line "hello ladies" and the other was simply "hi". I opened the "hello ladies" first. It was from a guy who was genuinely seeking a long term relationship. He said he would reply to all emails.

First problem: "hello ladies" ???? How many of me are there? It was obviously sent as a group email blasted out to everyone who met his criteria - female!

Second problem: "genuinely seeking a long term relationship", hmmm.... not sure if I'll fall for that one again!

Third problem: I checked his profile. He's 43 and never been in a relationship. Wow! What a catch! Not!

Ok, next.

Opened the other email. A brief hello, how are you and then a short bit about himself, followed by an invitation for me to tell him a bit about myself. Now that's more like it.

I sent a reply back and managed to delete the bit about all my former fellas before I hit send. No need for him to know that I've been around the block a few (?) times. Kept it cheerful and brief - former fellas definitely do not fit into either category!

He was offline so hopefully I should have a nice surprise waiting for me in my inbox this evening.

Wish me luck. Off to check it now......

No comments:

Post a Comment